iPad 3 – German provider Simyo – Internet Tethering August 5, 2013Posted by Steven in gadgets, In-Media, Innovation.
Tags: Hints, Tipps, Tweaks
If you have an iPad third generation / iPad with Retina display and 30pin Sync port then you can in fact activate internet tethering.
The trick is described her:
- Make Sure you have at least iOS 6.1
- Go to: Settings > Cellular Data > APN Settings
- You should see two sections: “Cellular Data” and “Internet Tethering”
- Make sure in both sections there is just the following entry:
- (no additional passwords etc.)
- Then even tethering should work (exit settings app) .. go into Personal Hotspot activate personal hotspot and connect with a device of your choosing. The top bar should color blue. If that does not work immediately check APN settings again exit settings app again and try hotspot feature again.