OnePlus Two revealed July 29, 2015Posted by Steven in gadgets.
Tags: Android, gadgets
The famed flagship killer from 2014 is back. In the latest incarnation the OnePlus 2 is now the 2016-flagship killer!
That seems to be a bit of a stretch – as no one knows what 2016’s flagship phones will look like and whether the OnePlus 2 can keep up.
Nevertheless the OnePlus 2 has been revealed and it brings a huge bag of interesting features for quite an interesting price.
- 5.5-inch touchscreen display with 1080p resolution
- 2.0 GHz (underclocked to 1.8 GHz) octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 16GB or 64GB of storage
- 3300 mAh non-removable battery
- USB Type-C charging port (so it is easy to plug in the included charging cable whichever way you want / no more fiddling with the connector)
- Fingerprint sensor via physical home button
- Dual SIM
- Mute switch
The design is also quite interesting. A brushed metal frame is bordering the huge full HD display. The sandstone backing of the original OnePlus One is also back and gets company in the form of additional StyleSwap back panels. Bamboo and kevlar are joined by wood finishes include ‘black apricot’ and rosewood.
OnePlus 2 Invite System
Same procedure as every year: You cannot simply go and buy a OnePlus 2. You have to be invited to get one. The Chinese company claims it has much more devices ready for sale and there will be more invites around.
But the system essentially works like last year: Sign your name onto a waiting list, keep an eye out on social media channels and get in touch with friends who may already plan on getting a OnePlus 2.
Once you get your hands on a precious invite code then you have 24 hours to buy the phone in the company’s online shop.